The Fixed Asset Department ensures that the university’s physical assets are recorded and safeguarded in compliance with the university’s policies and third party requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely financial and physical information on the university’s property plant and equipment.
- Ensure that assets are inventoried to safeguard their existence and to comply with contractual requirements for sponsored projects.
- Maintain an accurate database so that the current location and other pertinent information about an asset are consistent with field observations.
- Monitor our own practices and develop improvements which focus on providing comprehensive insight and information about these assets.
- Develop educational opportunities and engage in constant communications to build or improve teamwork between ourselves and the GWU community.