Frequently Asked Questions
- Whom do I contact to obtain Service Center rates?
- How do I clear an encumbrance?
- Why are cost transfers over 90 days scrutinized?
- How do I locate my Banner Index Number?
Q. Why are cost transfers over 90 days scrutinized?
A. Cost transfers are an area of concern to auditors. It is critical that all parties understand and follow the guidelines in a consistent manner. The primary responsibility for recording charges to the correct sponsored agreement is at the academic department level when the costs are incurred and recorded.
Q. How do I locate my Banner Index Number?
A. The Banner Index Number (BIN) can be found in Oracle under the Banner-Oracle Mapping Table. To access the mapping table:
- Sign onto Oracle
- Double click on GWU Banner to Oracle Mapping
- Press F11 on the key board
- Enter award number
- Click All History
- Banner Index Number will appear in the upper left corner of the Interface Mapping Table
The BIN is also located in the upper left corner of the GM-140 Award Performance Report or you may contact the Sponsored Project Accountant or Analyst assigned to your department.